Re: Upgrading to Notabene K accentuates problem with U2

Reply to note from Paul Breeze  Wed, 11
Mar 2009 12:44:11 +0000

Paul:

1> I have tested CA plus FUNC EN in NB 8.0i, which I have reverted
1> to for the moment and in NB 8.0k. It works exactly as you
1> suggested, Carl, in both cases. However WCAF Helpkey (the non-
1> Alt version) works in 8.0i but not in 8.0k. In the latter it
1> opens and counts the first file in the file mask, then opens
1> the second, which is left open in one window while it reports
1> the result of its count, in this case the word count total
1> which is only that of the first file in a second window.

2> Regrettably, I cannot get SEarch to work with any wildcard, in
2> any version Notabene 8.0. If I use it to search a single open
2> file for a particular word, that works. Otherwise, with a
2> wildcard search over several files, I just end up with an open
2> file, the search terminated and the cursor at the top of the
2> file. I'm not sure if the open file is the first or second
2> file actually opened,

I bit the bullet and upgraded to v8.0K. Happily (for me), I can't
reproduce either of the problems reported above. Both WCAF and SEarch
across files (with or without wildcards) work flawlessly. Nor can I
reproduce the problem you reported yesterday with U2's HELP function.
"HELP DR" displays the help screen for DR; "HELP [whatever]" displays
the help screen for [whatever]. The cursor does not jump to top of
file.

Maybe there's a glitch in your NB+U2 setup. My best suggestion at this
point is that you revisit the U2 Readme section for NBWin users (in
http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/XYWEBTXT.HTM) and make sure that all
the required settings are in place. Perhaps one of them was lost when
you upgraded to 8.0K -- simple sequential windows, for instance. To
test for this setting, command VA/NV WN; the PRompt line should
report "1". If not, edit NB.DFL as necessary and restart NB.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx