Re: XP colors

Carl,

> Can it be that something lower down in settings.dfl undoes what
> I've set via the command line?

Yes.  See my recent post on this subject:

http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2005/msg00341.htm; eudora="autourl">http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2005/msg00341.htm

I had already read and re-read that before asking. But didn't know about VA/NV L1. I had even tried VA/NV $L1.

After SETTINGS.DFL loads, test the current setting with VA/NV L1.
If it's something other than the value established in SETTINGS.DFL,
something is overwriting it.  The two most likely culprits are a
different L1 setting in another PRinter file loaded later on, or a
Default L1 command further down in STARTUP.INT.

Actually, getting the VA/NV allowed me to search SETTINGS.DFL for the bad number, and it turned up in a different spot: the setting for Header Reverse (HR). Should I even have such in Xy4? I'm going to try taking it out. Commented it out, and now see I need to do same for HN (Header Normal).

Thanks very much.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx