XyDOS under XP (was some other thread)

Jim Eberle et al.:

Once you've copied all the XyWrite files onto the new system (try to keep the
same directory structure, and for Pete's sake don't install from the
floppies!), right-click on the entry for Editor.exe (I always turn on the
display of extensions; that's a Windows thing that I won't document here). In
the popup menu, click Create Shortcut. A shortcut should appear in the same
directory.

At this point you can drag the shortcut onto your desktop and/or onto the
Start button on the taskbar.

Right-click on the shortcut and run through the dialog boxes to set it up.
You can select a size and typeface for the DOS window, whether it comes up
full-screen or windowed, and so on. I left all the other settings alone. I
have a 15" monitor and run 600X800 resolution. I chose the 10X18 system font
and am happy with it.

This is a lot of verbiage to say that it was dead-easy.

Good luck!

Tim Baehr