Re: XyWrite and SGML

I agree about XyWrite and SGML. For a number of years I used XY
with a customized keyboard for markup with GML, the precursor of
SGML, to prepare journal copy for uploading to the local
mainframe, where it was formatted and printed with IBM SCRIPT on
a high-quality 600-dpi printer. I use SGML tags before exporting
from XYDOS to WPWin 6.1 for features that would otherwise be
lost; I just haven't had to do enough of it to make doing a
keyboard worth while.

-- Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania