RE: searching for text across subdirectories

I'm not sure how this thing compares to other search techniques/applications but I rather like this little freeware
doohickey that's some version of the AltaVista search engine. It gives you a local-disk
internet-type search ability. At
the time I got it, I was warned that it was about to become unavailable (for what reason, I don't
know), and I'd better
download it soon (this was about a year ago I think). Anyway, I you'd like to check it out, it's
posted on my site,
here:

www.xywrite.com/misc/AltaVistaSearch-install.exe

P.S. If you have a large hard drive and a lot of files, it could take quite awhile for this thing to
create an index.

Brian H.