wildcard question/Xy4 to RTF

I can't believe I'm asking so many dumb questions, apols to all: I'm in
Win95. I'm writing a program in Xy4/DOS. I need to put in the wildcards in
a search string for CR and TAB. The key assignments are Alt-Sh-CR and
Alt-Sh-TAB. Doesn't work in Windows. What do I do?

Actually, what I'm trying to do is write a small set of search
routines that will convert my Xy4 files into valid .rtf files. All I want to convert at this time are IP10DI,IP10DI; IP0; mdul, mdit, mdbo, mdnm. Should be easy, no? But . . . . . Anyway, if anyone has already done this, please let me know ! ! !