XyWin install

For more than a decade I've happily used XyWin 4.12 with no problems until today.  The big label window opens, but fails to switch to the directory specified in startup.  The program stalls with a message "Loading font file BX230611SPD."  Exit is possible by control-delete and end program.  So I thought I would simply reinstall, using the procedure I've used without difficulty for several years -- on 98, then XP.

Horrors! The small folder the TTG tech helped me create has disappeared.  I found the culprit in the mirror.  Looking through C drive files the other day, I accidentally deleted it.  Surely I'd have a copy on my other computer, or on a separate hard disk, or a flash drive.  To my consternation, I didn't.  And System Restore refuses to work (tinkering as instructed by MS Support article 302796 hasn't fixed it).

So I ask your help, especially the several of you to whom I sent the supplementary TTG folder.  The filename was XWT, and it included an install file.  If anyone still has a copy and could zip it to me, I would be grateful.  Or if a CD copy would be a better source for a full installation, let me know and I'll send you whatever it costs.

Although I have Nota Bene, I haven't yet spent time exploring it.  I realize too that the non-windowed XyWrite is sturdier and the version most of you use.  But I've been so comfortable with XyWin for so many years (after migrating from III), and it's performed so effortlessly, that if possible I'd like to restore it.

Anticipatory thanks.

    Bob White

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339AOL.com.