From: RJW823@xxxxxxxx [mailto:RJW823@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 2:19 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Secretly Monitor EVERYTHING your spouse/child has been
doing on INTERNET !

While this applies to programs beyond Xy, can anyone tell me if it's a fake?
Friends have received similar e-mail and asked me the same question -- which
I couldn't answer.

If it's not a fake, doesn't it raise issues beyond privacy?  For instance,
someone with a chapter of a book drafted in Xy or Word could have it stolen
and used, leaving no tracks.  Even the privacy question is disturbing.  I
realize (and was reminded long ago by Carl's welcoming letter) that no E-mail
can be presumed to be private), but the notion of someone having  secret
access to everything in my computer makes me very uncomfortable.

Any suggestions?

Bob White