Re: Problem with CLIPW

** Reply to message from Correo Fenda  on Sun, 27 Nov
2005 12:45:52 +0100

> Do you
> recommend to update the one I am using under W2K?

It's the one I'm going to distribute henceforth. After all, more people use XP
(having fun?) than 2K. It works fine in Win95 too, so I'm going to assume that
it works across the board in Win32. This CLIP.EXE is bundled in U2UTILS.EXE,
and also separately (much smaller download) in:
 http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/CLIPW32.ZIP
in the XY4/ subdirectory of the ZIP (there's a *different* CLIP.EXE in the XY3/
subdir). Apropos of nothing, since I started compiling CLIP.EXE as a console
(command line) program instead of a GUI program, I've noticed that it is much
faster under 9x, and therefore my recommendation now is that users replace the
VBS (Windows Script Host) version of CLIP with CLIP.EXE. It is just much more
versatile. Under NT, CLIP.EXE is also much the best choice.

I'm sending you privately a screenshot of NB8 with blue on black. The JPG has
washed out color (the blue is really nice and intense in reality). Since it's
126Kb, and it's really your personal preference, I won't post the JPG publicly
unless somebody else wishes to see it (I can send privately to anybody).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx