Re: general curiosity of Xy and bugs

" Someone wrote:
" > I bought XyWrite recently after years of reading and hearing about what a
" > great program it is for writers.
"
" I have used XyWrite for many years. It is a wonderful product. Issues of
" bugs, (lack of) support and pricing make it impractical (for our
" organisation) to continue using it.
	Or non-fixing of bugs recently. Ken Frank of TTG implied
	in a recent message to Auerback that they don't log any
	complaints or bugs, even in a casual way.
	 It seems to be looking ahead and ignoring the men overboard
	in the wake of the good ship Smart Words (XY5) for Linux
	putt-putting to the harbour of new markets.
	 Who would buy a Win31 or a DOS product now? I would as
	I know tht DOS writers are faster and better than Win programs
	because the lack of graphic and "smartdrv" overhead.
	It's back to emacs flavours for some of us when XY fails.

"
" > Is there (or was there ever) a Q book or other third-party manual that is
" > written in fairly clear English and organized so that one doesn't have to
" > know the answer to a question before you can ask it?
"
" There was (is ?) a book covering version up to three-point-something which
" did a good job of guiding the novice user. I have an idea it was published
" by McGraw-Hill.
"
		I sent Featherstone the long list of book offlist.

" Cliff Featherstone
"    www: http://www.ixchange.com/wen/
"    e-mail: cliff@xxxxxxxx