Re: WinXP screen buffer

but to run mac os on it? why?
My motivation was to see how this kind of thing works, in case I buy a Mac to run Windows on under Fusion. Running OS X on the PC would not be the same, I know, but it's the inverse of what I'm considering. And I might want to use my existing Lenovo PC to run Mac music-composing software (Digital Performer).
andy t ----- Original Message ----- From: mailto:goch@xxxxxxxxMyron Gochnauer To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxywrite@xxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:27 PM Subject: WinXP screen buffer I bought a Dell Mini 10V with the hopes of turning it into a "Hackintosh" --- i.e. run Mac OS X on it. So far I've been having too many problems with that project, so I decided to use it with the WinXP installation that comes standard until I have enough free time to get OS X running reliably on it. (Others seem to have been successful...) WinXP means, of course, running XyWrite IV. I've done this many times on many machines, but this time I cannot get the size of the DOS window set up correctly. I want to run Xy 3.58 in a 43-line window. I use these values in the Properties on the "Layout" menu: Screen Buffer Size Width 80 Height 43 Window Size Width 80 Height 43 Try as I might, I cannot get the buffer to change from 50, the default, to 43. It does not change the currently displayed window, nor does "saving" it result in permanent changes. I have not had this problem before. I checked the archives, I didn't find any report of the problem. Any thoughts? I assume that the settings for the DOS window are saved in a file somewhere. Does anyone know what file it is, and whether it can be edited by hand? (I'm not talking about the PIF file. Those settings are okay. The problem is with the settings you can make once the DOS window has opened.) I am *not* using Tame in this setup, although I own it and have used it before. ...perhaps it would help, at least by by-passing whatever WinXP functions cause my problem??? Thanks. Myron ---------- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.107/2382 - Release Date: 09/19/09 06:03:00
Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx