Re: Editing a 2GB+ file

I don't know T-bird's format, but from the Eudora side, it's all boringly
simple. One can muck around in Eudora .MBX files as much as one likes,
with no real damage threatened. I'd close Eudora first, of course. Eudora
offers to re-index altered .MBX files when it is re-launched.

Great explanation.

What about converting Eudora *.MBX files to Thunderbird? There are a few programs that claim to do that. It sounds as if all you have to do is search and replace to exchange the "From ???@???" to "From - Tue Oct 20".

Norman