PRE-RELEASE DOCUMENTATION?

dear powers that be at XyQuest: I've just come home from a the computer
training & support conference in orlando - it was great, and now i'm full of
new ideas! anyway, one of the features was a microsoft product forum where we
got to tar & feather representatives, or just ask them polite questions. one
of the issues raised was access to prereleases of software. when it became
apparent that microsoft wasn't about to release beta versions of software
(windows being the software in question), someone asked a really intelligent
question - why not at least give those responsible for training & support
prerelease copies of the documentation so we'd have time to incorporate it into
our documentation & training materials before the sh*t hit the fan? and now,
i'd like to pose that question to you. after years of being a beta tester for
xywrite releases, for some reason this year, i got a very nice letter saying
i'd been dropped from the list. i'm a little upset because i've been a loyal
user of xywrite, promoting it in my agency and outside as well. i've always
been able to supply the users with latest releases intact and bug-less because,
having received the beta version, i had time to do things like re-customize
printer files and "make a plan" for installation well before people knew it was
officially out the door and into shrink wrap. and now i can't do that. but if
i had documentation, i could take care of a lot of stuff before i got the magic
update disk.  can you help? and by the way, what sort of things will be
necessary for reconfiguring the new world of xy4? eagerly anticipating your
kind response, that infomaniac demigoddess of xywrite, brenda h.