Re: XW and task-switching -Reply

Peter Knupfer wrote:

> Perhaps someone can tell me off-list how to task switch to XW 4.12 in
Win95
> after it is minimized to the task bar. Neither ALT+TAB nor simply clicking
> on it when in the taskbar accomplishes more than highlighting it.

This is clearly a XyWrite problem, and I'll therefore respond on the list, because I think
others might be interested (and tech support should be as well). In my system, XyWrite for
Windows exhibits the same behavior under
Win95. Whereas single-left-clicking on any other program that is minimized on the task bar
opens up that program, it only highlights the entry for XW.
Double-clicking doesn't work either. As I found out after some fiddling, the 'solution' is
as follows: RIGHT-click on the XW entry in the task bar and then select "maximize" (I'm
not sure about the exact wording, since
I'm using the Japanese version of Win95, but I think that's what the item is called in
English). This will bring up XyWrite. Just another little idio(t)syncrasy of our beloved
soon-not-to-be-Xy-anymore.

A similar problem exists when running The Word Processor Formerly
Known as XyWrite under Win-OS/2. The solution there is to bring up the
Task List, highlight XyWrite for Windows, and select Cascade.