Re: vDosPlus packaged for the Mac

Flash,
Thanks, I was able to get far enough to finally, after dozens of freeze-ups requiring forced quits, get a simple loop pgm to test the speed. Unfortunately, as with vDosPlus on Windows, it runs 14 times slower, which makes both forms of vDos unusable for me. I have programs I run maybe 200 times a day that already take maybe 3 seconds, so taking a full minute is just not on.
With great sadness, I'm moving myself from XyWrite and XPL to Notepad++ and
Python plus Autohotkey. I have to be ready for the end of 16-bit emulation
in a 32 bit system. Of course, with any luck at all, I'll die before the
switch is required.d

Regards,
Harry

Edward,

Good work. It is now installed on my Mac Mini OS X 10.10.5. I will
experiment.

There is a help function (type help); be advised: you may need alt F1
- - F9 to get the F1 - F9 functions to execute.

More to follow,