Re: Paragraphs in H.T.M.L. and macro techniques.

                         Michael Edwards.

[Rene von Rentzell, quoting myself:]

>>I would normally
>>start a new paragraph with
, followed by "     " >> Entering this is a pain in the butt for indenting a new paragraph, but I >>haven't discovered any easier way. > >You could simply make a quick XYwrite search/replace macro. Same for most >other simple html format commads. Seems to me it would be the easiest thing >in the world to convert basic XYwrite formatting to HTML. No? ----------------------- It makes my mouth water! Anyway, those who may be curious about (or perhaps exasperated with) my long-time dithering may be relieved to know that I've decided to get XyWrite and give it a try. Assuming I'm not seriously disappointed with it in some way (which doesn't seem likely), I expect it to be a program I will regularly use. But that might only *increase* the number of questions I ask, not decrease it, although the type of questions will probably change. I suppose this kind of technique Rene mentions would be vastly extendable to all sorts of other situations. I remember this list discussing Morris Krok's shorthand system earlier, and I suppose that could be tied in somehow, too. If I remember correctly, Morris actually sent his system to the list, and I will look forward to trying that out when I am able to. It was at the time of a virus scare - that attachment wasn't the one with the virus, was it? If it was, I would be interested in receiving a clean copy of that file, if Morris is still around. Regards, Michael Edwards.