RE: XyWrite on an old laptop?

I used XyWrite in the early 1980s on an 8086 with two double-density (360K)
floppy drives, 640K RAM. You could still run XyWrite 3.xx quite nicely on
such a machine, or any of its successors. Any machine with a hard drive (or
even just one working 3.5 inch 1.44 meg floppy) will run XyWrite 4.xxx (DOS)
very nicely.  The only problem you'll find is the limited keyboard on the
laptop, but that's certainly not a problem unique to XyWrite, and XyWrite's
flexible keyboard definitions will enable you to keep your hands near the
home keys for cursor movement, if you care to configure your keyboard for
max efficiency.

For most programs these days what once seemed incredibly powerful machines
(your 386, e.g.), have now become doorstops, which, besides being a shame,
has become a landfill problem.

Peter Brown
pbrown@xxxxxxxx

	>>James F. Boris writes: I'm going to be getting an old laptop to
use just for word processing on