Re: Email Lines Mess

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> The problem seems to arise mostly when quoting others,
> or receiving msgs from others; and there the solution is simply to drag your
> window wider, until received|quoted lines that are wrapping cease to wrap
> anymore.

Thanks for your reply, Robert. I'll experiment with that.

> May I recommend the Polarbar mailer? It is freeware, Java-based, very actively
> developed, totally shaped by user suggestion, and artfully coded. Fast too. It
> is the very *model* of receptiveness to user input/criticism/bug reports.

A good recommendation. I was definitely leaning towards either this one, or MR/2
ICE. Multi-platform is always a plus, as far as I'm concerned. The essential
criteria
for me, though, include good conversion of existing NS Mail / Folders into the
replacement program's own format. Apparently both have such a utility or feature,
so it may come down to which does this best. Ideally, I would also like to be able
to manage multiple mail accounts, which may have different servers, without
having to "reboot" the program (e.g., quit NS and then come back in via a different
Profile). I've already been told that both mail programs work quite well with
JUNKSPY, so that shouldn't be a factor.

> Polarbar has inter alia an unwrap command, which removes all s from selected
> text, then reformats it to conform to your own line length preferences.

Sounds like a big improvement !

Jordan