Re: Code pages

I don't know if this is relevant but if I start XYW and command VA/NV LA
 without opening a file it reports 437. As soon as I open a file,
however it reports, correctly, 850. I can't reproduce the same
behaviour in XYDos where I always get 850.

Paul Breeze

J R FOX wrote:
--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:
Michael's problem is weirder: am I correct in saying
that you get your accents OK, but VA/NV LA persists in reporting 437? Note that we want VA LA

Patricia,

Add me to the list of those who are finding that Code
Page 850 apparently refuses to take, and remains at
437. I've been out of town a lot, am not done
travelling yet, and don't have the time to run this
down just now. That includes searching the List
archives for discussion of this topic. When time
permits, I will check whatever files (starting with
SETTINGS.DFL) may be setting or overriding the LA and
CP values.

Jordan