Re: IF ERR on CHange

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Mon, 21 Dec 1998 08:25:35 -0600

> I am trying to use the IF statement: [if
> [err]][EI] appended to a change statement in a
> program. It appears to be ignored. I have used
> it in conjunction with a SEarch command and it
> works OK. Does anyone know why it is ignored for
> a CH command?

Maybe because the operand is "ER", not "ERR"? >...

If that's not the problem, then why not post a fragment of the non-functioning
code? You described what your PM wants to do, but not where the error lies. Hard
to guess. One thing that sounds wrong is, don't you _already_ have a conditional
statement that throws up the NOT FOUND box? > applies only to the
immediately preceding action, so if it follows the display of the NOT FOUND box,
then it applies not to the results of the CHange command (already handled by the
NOT FOUND box), but rather to the success or failure of displaying that box.
Which is not to suggest that you can only perform one action after an error! You
use nested conditionals, LaBels and GoLabels, etc. Better show us the code...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx