RE: vDos and microlytics speller

Reply to note from =?iso-8859-1?Q?Joaqu=EDn_de_Prada?=
 Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:40:52 +0000

Joaquín,

> This is something "bigger" than Peter, it is in the "core" of
> the original vDOS.
>
> I would test with the original "plain vanilla" vDOS to see what
> happens. It might be that Peter broke it, but I very much doubt
> it.

You're right, and I confirmed by testing today that the Microlytics
UK spelling dictionary does not work under the original vDos. My
thought was that since Peter was willing and able to fix the
original vDos's incompatibility with XyWrite's keyboard handling, he
might also be willing to tackle this. My impression -- which may be
wrong -- is that Jos himself is not much interested in making
bespoke alterations to vDos that may be required to run a particular
program such as XyWrite. That's why I thought of asking Peter if he
could work his magic once more.

> On a different matter I am trying to have Peter include the
> latest vDOS mods into the main vDOSxy repository in Github, so
> future enhancements done by CatastrophicAnomaly or Jos or
> anyone else include that. That is the beauty of open source!

I agree that github should continue to be the central repository for
vDosXy. My intention at XyWWWeb is to mirror the latest version of
vDosXy that has been confirmed to work with Xy3 and Xy4, along with
additional amenities -- such as model AUTOEXEC.TXT and CONFIG.TXT
files that I've developed with guidance from Kari (but not yet
published) -- that might be of particular interest to XyWriters.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx