Re: Type colors help

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:56:28 -0400

Myron's color chart is faulty. Many of the MoDe numbers, and the text numbers
beside them (supposed to indicate the number of the color), do not match at all,
e.g. 173 = 208, 171 = 126, 167 = 122. That's nonsense, and just reflects one
user's settings (Andy Glass's, in fact). Get an accurate chart at the XyWWWeb
website, previously mentioned. And while I'm mentioning it, Andy's lists of funcs
and defaults and such (including in Myron's post) are very incomplete (also highly
personal). There are much more comprehensive lists in the XyWWWeb Jumbo U2 file
(not available separately at XyWWWeb either -- kind of an inducement to get the
file -- the color chart is tossed in there too, I think -- command "Help
table" to find out what tables are available, they're pretty extensive).

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx