Re: As long as everyone else is doing it...

>I'm sure. But I don't have Xy/Win.
>When I was using OS/2 instead of Win95, the Faxworks Pro I used
>DID allow printing to the fax from a DOS program like XyWrite, and
>the faxes I produced were OK. Not so with WinFax / Win95.

I'm getting very tired of this monolithic Windows95/98 which shuts out
everything but itself.

James D. Besser wrote:
>Sadly, the last of my papers--most of which used XyWrite when I
started--
>recently converted to MS Word. I had to conduct informal seminars with
>several reporters on how to continue writing in XyWrite, and sneakily
import
>into MsW just before sending stories along to editors.

The same goes for MS Word. Why should one have to be sneaky about using
different software?

We've had the same issues here. The MIS dept. has tried to pressure
editorial into using MS Word for compatibility with their network (??).
But, thankfully, we have prevailed and will continue using XyWrite.

Shawn Harrison
Associate Editor
Tyndale House Publishers
shawn_harrison@xxxxxxxx
"The legal system is not fun, but it *is* an improvement
over duels and feuds." --Harvey Harrison, attorney