problem loading .prn files

I recently switched to a new machine running WinXP Home. Xy3+ works fine, but
I have been unable to make Xy4 work in any satisfying manner, either by
copying the setup that worked fine on my previous Win98 machine or by starting
with a fresh installation. Startup.int runs, but ends with the error message
"customization file requires a file label." ?
?
Going back through the startup file and entering each line, only "Load
display.prn" fails, with the "customization file" error message. "Ldprn
display.prn" gets the same message, plus "Bad PR keyword in printer file." ?
?
Here is the entire display.prn file:?
md nm=112?
md bo=127?