Re: Speed?

>Just what would you do with all the nanoseconds you'd save with
a Xy program
>that loads more quickly?

  Well, since I run a system that stays up for a week, two
weeks, sometimes a month at a time, and XY4 is loaded all the
time, along with about 5 other apps, it doesn't really matter in
the slightest. But it did when I ran DOS.

>Now that we've established that you're as impatient with the
slightly slower
>XY4 as you are with the performance characteristics of
windoozzz, can we move
>on? You've made the sale!

  I believe that we having a discussion about how XY was coded,
and the difference between the code in XY3 and XY4. You object to
that? I was under the impression this list was for that purpose.

>Even though I've thoroughly enjoyed this list -- and my hat goes off to
>Nathan again for establishing and nuturing it -- I've decided not to spend
>much time reading these postings if I must continue to weed out your
>redundant ones to find the germane ones. "Say something once," the poet David
>Byrne once sang, "Why say it again?"

  Right! Like this list has a high volume of traffic, eh? Ever
thought of getting a threaded reader?

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here and you
are out there.