Re: Automated Clean-up of Ragged Text ?

At 06:10 PM 11/1/00 -0800, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>By ragged formatting, I mean that there are frequent, random gaps >between words of from 5 to 20 spaces, the lines are not of any >approximately consistent length, and carriage returns are applied quite >haphazardly. You wonder how anything could have been written, >posted, or distributed that way, but it was. (Or maybe it all >magically looks right if you loaded it into OUTLOOK, I dunno.) Just fwiw, I use a wonderful little DOS utility called "textcon.com" to
deal with that sort of file, and it works beautifully. From XY, of course,
it is a simple "do textcon " from the command line. I think textcon.com was shareware, frankly I don't remember if I ever paid
for it, but I think by now the author's address should be way out of date. If anybody is interested, I can attach it. Textcon is one addition to XYwrite that I would never leave the
house without. -- Rene v. Rentzell, Tokyo