Re: CPU hogging Xywin under OS/2

Beeson, Douglas wrote:

> Your problem w/ apparent CPU-hogging is a well-known sore point with us
> XyWin on OS/2 users. I, too, suspect that the cranked-up CPU usage is more
> than apparent, though I can't say the preemptive multitasking has ever
> failed me solely on XyWin's account. Another problem you may run in t

  I really think it's spurious -- I've seen other dos apps do it too,
and there never is any noticable slowdown, that I can see.
 As for the screen bleeding -- I think that's probably video card
dependent. There are a number of utilties available on hobbes to help
seamless windows in win-os2, you might try some of those. Also in your
win-os2 settings, down at the bottom of the list are some video settings
you might want to try playing with -- and why do you have it set to
standard mode instead of enhanced? I'm not sure if it makes a difference
for XYWin but I always set it to enhanced for everything.
  Make sure you set your swap space to a *minimum* of 20meg, I set mine
at 32meg (with 32meg of RAM) but I'm being persuaded by some graphic
artists that claim you need 128meg swap space. ??? I'll probably try it,
but definitely you don't want it let it get any smaller than 20meg,
you'll see a noticable slowdown if you do.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you