Re: attachment acrimony

** Reply to note from Nikki Meredith Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:22:32 -0400

> The attachments are slightly annoying but Frank is hardly alone. I'd say
> about 75 percent of my e-mail from everyone is thus encumbered. I agree
> with Frank. It doesn't take any longer to ask cordially than it takes to be
> gratuitously rude.

"Slightly" annoying? "Gratuitously" rude? It would be gratuitous -- without
apparent justification or cause -- if this was a new issue. How many times
have the rules (no HTML, no pointless verbatim quoting) been
reiterated here? Twenty? Thirty? How many off-topic msgs have been sent
dealing with the consequences, such as that virus that somebody was dragging
around a few weeks ago? How many minutes have been wasted checking
those stupid attachments for content? Carl *very courteously* discusses this
in his welcome.msg (to the CCAT forum)! It's a total PITA. The real problem
is a memory leak in the EXEcutors who perpetrate this.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------