A font of dumbness

One of the few things I ever have had use for, with Signature, was
its nice set of fonts. I recently re-installed Xy 4 after some
problems, and noted that it asked me about existing fonts during the
install routine, as if it had detected some. So I thought it had
found my Signature directory--which is also on my C: partition--and
that I would have the same set of fonts--Helvetica, Times Roman,
Dutch, etc.--that I use in Signature.

Alas, when I open a file in Xy4, it lists only Courier, Courier10,
Dutch, Lineprinter, Standard and Swiss.

I have two directories with fonts in them:
C: \BTFONTS contains several files with names such as BX230611.SPD

D:\PSFONTS has files named TNRI.PFB, TNRI.OFM, etc.

Can I do something easy to get the same fonts that I use in Signature
to show up on the Xy4 menu?

Jonathan
Jonathan D. Beard
Science Writer-Photo Researcher