From: xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx [mailto:xywrite-bounce@xxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Carl Distefano
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 2:23 PM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:

Quoting Avrom Fischer :

> On September 23 Fred Weiner sadly reported that he had a recollection
> that the older Archive had been lost by the former server. I had a
> recollection that Robert was maintaining something on a server for
> Xylist. Is my recollection correct. If it is what is being
> maintained.
>
> My inquiry was prompted by trying to trace the start of the chain
> regarding the Death of the English Language. Where did it start?

Flash started it on Sept. 27, here:

http://www.freelists.org/post/xywrite/Death-of-the-English-Language

The archives, which are searchable, of the XyWrite list since it moved
to freelists.org (in June 2009) are located here:

http://www.freelists.org/archive/xywrite

The archives of the list when it was hosted at UPenn-CCAT are no longer
available (because the list server there is defunct). However, a
comprehensive, searchable XyWrite message base, including the current
archive, the UPenn archive and messages from earlier iterations of the
XyWrite list are usually available at XySearch:

http://www.holmgren.org/Xy/Search

That facility is temporarily down, probably because Robert is away. I
expect it'll be functional again in due course.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx