Re: Testing printing with vDosXy 500

I see that DOS2USB has a 1-year, must-be-renewed license regime, and it does not mention any support for Win 10.  I had thought that I once saw reference to something like this that was natively part of Windows: a print interceptor / redirector ?  LPTMON, or something like that ?

Also, is vDosXy and its various printing solutions still viable for Win 10 ?  (I really don't want any part of Win 10 myself, and have already watched installations of it croak on two computers . . . BUT, I can also see that I probably won't be able to avoid Win 10 completely . . . .)

  Jordan

From: Kari Eveli
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: Testing printing with vDosXy 500

Jordan,

If you have an old DOS printer connected to LPT1, you can use the raw
print option. Otherwise GhostPCL is your best bet, and as a bonus, it
offers a really nice print preview. When using Xy4, You may achieve
better results with a PCL printer file (e.g. PCL.PR4). And for Xy3, I
recommend the new PCL_LTR.PR3, PCL_LGL.PR3 and PCL_A4.PR3. The installer
does not have these, they are are a separate download
(http://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/PCL_print_files_for_XY3.zip).

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)