Re: on-screen underline, bold, italic with vDos?

I'm using black text on an off-white beige background -- to my eyes it's more readable than the default, particularly in daylight -- which of course has consequences for those particular values....

However, with some changes, I'm getting an underscore (in a dark blue block), bold (white text in a block of grey) and actual italics in a blue block.

Thanks again.

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: on-screen underline, bold, italic with vDos?

Reply to note from "John Paines" mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxx
(Redacted sender "mailto:vf200@xxxxxxxx" for DMARC) Mon, 30 Mar 2015
18:14:11 +0000 (UTC)

> I see the thread you reference goes back to November.   In
> quick testing, I do get an underscore, though the text is also
> blue.But italics doesn't seem to be work and nothing is
> suggested for bold.  The example at sourceforge has all three
> - underscores, bold, italics

I just did a little experimenting in Xy3. I included the
following In my Xy3 .DSP printer file:

MD NM=7
MD BO=15
MD UL=113
MD RV=30
MD BU=127

When I load that file, I get on-screen underlining with ,
, and ; italics with , , and ;
and bold underlining with and . As in Xy4, there
is no MoDe value that produces on-screen bold italics.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx