Re: Using Xy to dial your phone

Hah! I wrote ADT.COM, about 20 years ago!

Really? I thought it was an industry standard! Or maybe that's not a dichotomy.
Probably relatively easy to write such a program, too. How exactly would you
be dialing -- with a modem attached to a serial port?

Yes, on COM 4.
 Where would the source
phone-numbers-to-dial come from -- lifted out of a XyWrite document?

Yes. It need only, like ADT, accept on its command line:
  port number, phone number, modem instruction (ATDT, ATO, ATH)
The rest is controlled by the XPL. In other words, the crucial XPL lines in my existing program have the form:

BX dos/nv /c c:\adt a 4 dt ≪pv01≫Q2

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx