Three questions

I have three questions:

1. When folks define a subroutine with the SU command, it is common to put
a NO (No Operation) primitive at the end of the routine. Can anyone tell
me where I can find existing documentation that has been written about why
that is done? PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT asking why it is done. What I am
asking for is pointers to whatever documentation is floating around that
tries to explain the problem.

2. Does the problem that sometime made this necessary with XyWrite III
still exist in XyWrite IV? In NoteBene 8?

3. If I, or someone else, has "XyWrite stuff" (e.g., files of most any
description) of possible general value to the XyWrite "user community,"
but I (or they) do not actually want to put the stuff on a server that I
(or they) would have to maintain, what places currently exist as
repositories for such material, and how is the availability of material on
such repositories made known to the XyWrite community?

TIA

Wally Bass