Jaxa/XY?? (Was Java to Go?)

That sure would be nice -- I'm doing a research project next
semester which will incorporate Java -- wish I could use XY to at
least write the HTML. You can, of course, but it's cumbersome,
when there are already HTML shareware editors out there that work
pretty well, with macros for headers, anchors, etc. Even Describe
has a whole new toolbar and macro set for HTML (done by users, of
course) and so does Emacs. I'll probably settle on the Emacs HTML
version, since I'm trying hard to migrate to Linux as my main OS
(Linux already has the latest Java JDK development package, the
latest Netscape with Java, plus TCL/TCK, Perl, Python, and a host
of other goodies for WWW development) --- and that is the most XY
like editor around in terms of customizability. I can't decide
whether to change my XY keyboard to mimic
Emacs, or visa versa. Anyway, it sure would be neat to see XY
evolve into the modern age. Don't hold your breath tho -- even MS
fumbled the ball in the WWW court.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx

hoka hey!

Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this
post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or
local equivalent.