Re: High S/Gs

Carl wrote:
In your example, 1.PGM, 2.PGM, 3.PGM, and 4.PGM. The idea is instead
of running them from a "master" program, you run them individually,
one at a time.
I can do that manually, by entering each on the command line, but I'd like
to automate this, since I do it 6 days a week, year in and year out. If I
just chain them, I guess each, ancestor is still running when the
descendant is called:

;*;1.pm
blah blah
BXrun 2.pmQ2
;*; now in 2.pgm
blah blah
BXrun 3.pmQ2
;*; now in 3.prm
blah blah
BXrun 4.pmQ2
;*: now in 4.pm, with 3 "ancestors" still taking up some memory?
What I'm doing now, with a parent program and daughter programs does seem to be working, probably because of the re-using of S/G numbers involved. I'm getting VA$M+6 as 6 (unless that, too is a faulty display--it's suspiciously always exactly 6).

Here's the code I'm using for the memory display:

>BC Memory usage =
> I'm getting VA$M+6 as high as 27 (once I saw 100, but I think
> that had to be a mistake how I was storing and displaying
> memory). 27 is dangerous, right?

For sure.

Thanks for the confirmation of my fears. Better to know than not know.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx