Re: Is XY-Write a word-processor or a text editor?

yesss@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Autoreplace in later xyW3 works transparently
> with simple, one-time user intervention. Just
> prefix AR to five custom kbd entries:
>
>     57=AR,[space]
>     28=AR,[ascii 13 (carriage return)]
>     12=AR,-
>     40=AR,'
>     53=AR,/
>
> --hyphen, apostrophe, and slash because they may
> occur within what xyW3.56 and later consider to
> be a word. If--like xyW4--the releases of v3 that
> autoreplace without kbd edits treat the chars
> on each side of a hyphen as a separate word, then
> the later v3 releases are superior to v3.55. ... Ciao. --a

Maybe it's a factor of hardly ever using Auto-replace (guess I agree with
Carl that it's just too distracting), but I'm having trouble seeing how this
matters a lot. If the word comes up often enough, it could be treated
directly in the replacement list file, no ?

I was not aware of this difference, much less its being carried over to
Xy4. That being the case, wouldn't your entries above be equally applicable
there, to alter the behavior of AR ?

Jordan