From: mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx href="mailto:cld@xxxxxxxxCarl Distefano
Subject: Re: overcoming the XP lag

Reply to note from Michael Norman
mailto:michael.norman@xxxxxxxx href="mailto:michael.norman@xxxxxxxxmichael.norman@xxxxxxxx Thu, 04
Nov 2004 21:07:25 -0500

I don't mean to sidetrack this technical thread, but, when time
permits, would someone explain to me the apparent obsession with
getting Xy to run in a window?  Even if it were perfectly smooth --
and IMHO (Avrom: plug define:imho into Google) it's pretty good,
admittedly not perfect, with XP Pro SP2 -- I would never in a
million years run XyWrite in a window when I can run it full screen,
with colors tweaked via VPT.  Very occasionally, to cut and paste
between programs -- sure.  But for normal, extended text editing?
No way!  Full screen is such a pleasure.  It's so easy to toggle
Alt-Enter when necessary; and Robert's CLIP program provides easy
access to the system Clipboard, whether in a window or full screen.
Why beat your head against a wall?

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx href="mailto:cld@xxxxxxxxcld@xxxxxxxx