Re: Xy4 cloberring to EOF after series of changes

Who knows what causes these anomalies? I wouldn't worry
about it -- unless it happens more than once in a blue
moon.

If something like this does happen again, don't SAve the
file! Rather, issue REC to recall the last
version saved to disk. REC makes a backup copy of the
trashed file (SAVE1.TMP, located in the Xy program
directory), which you can refer to when reconstructing
your lost edits. (Use FD to compare the two
versions.) Also, the AUTOSAVE backup can help, if you
enable Autosave. Depending on when you last saved
manually, SAVE1.TMP may be a more (or less) recent
version than AUTOSAVEn.TMP.

Good luck.

--
Carl Distefano