Xy'd NB

For the NB users on the list:
Trying to Xyify NB, I found that [on my XP Pro/SP2 Dell GX260 Intel A09 bios] setup, that after I quit NB in "Full Window" view and tried to return, I'd get a GPF that read, *NBEDITOR caused a General Protection Fault in module SWSYS.DLL at 0011:48DF. Choose close. NBEDITOR will Close.* Had to reinstall to restart. Ran NB's debug applet [NBWIN\SUPPORT\DEBUG\DEBUG.NB] and sent the log to SS at NB/NY. Got the following and am passing it along on the very remote chance anyone else encounters the problem:
This GPF is very weird (one of the weirder ones we have seen). It's so
unique--and, at least in our tests on all our machines, not reproducible
outside your environment (we can exit and restart in Full Window mode
without problems)--and would take us so long to properly fix that we've
decided to implement the following solution:

1. The fix will be in release H, which we expect to have ready next week
2. When you get release H (actually, you can do this now, although it will
be ignored), call up your NB.INI file (from \NBWIN\USERS\DEFAULT)
3. Search for "[Defaults]" (without the quotes)
4. Add an entry (on a line by itself) that reads:
	ShowFullWindow=1
  right under that line
5. Store the file

With this flag set, NB will not automatically restore the full windows state
when you reopen it, even if that was the mode you were in when you exited.

Please make a note of this solution so you can refer to it again if you ever
need to install on a new machine. (This INI file entry will be preserved
across updates, but it will not survive a complete reinstall or similar
action.)

Michael Norman