Re: Startup.ints

Robert,
On commanding VA/NV $SG I get "C:\XY4\XY4.DLG

By "both ways" I meant "LDSGT FIC.SGT", and a 2nd one Carl postulated
as a theoretical possibility: "LDSGT C:\XY4\FIC.SGT"

Both ways yield "Error loading macros."

Yes, I had a working system. Spell checker, five or six macros used
regularly in FIC.SGT, and my HP Deskjet cranking out good stuff
regularly. Pretty much the whole nine yards.

I sure don't impute anything negative to the files I've been dreaming
about for the past year, those in v114.

The probable fact that my problems started up ABOUT the time I was
trying to install v114 might simply mean that was a time I was
struggling to operate on a, for me, esoteric level normally way over
my head.

One other possibility: I lost sight of all the updates you two
gentlemen cranked out between v105 and v114. Then with all the
nagging and pressure you were getting from the forum here for
releasing v114, it dawned on me that you were up to v113 and I was
missing an opportunity to do myself a favor, tuning up a little, by
downloading and installing v113.

I never succeeded in that goal. In fact, that was about the time I
lost my  - one that I did have operating in v105. Then, for
reasons unknown, stuff started deteriorating. Possibly just an
accidental killer key combination. (I assume such things exist; more
certainly than the Lock Ness monster. Or do I err in that too?) I was
working hard trying to teach myself how to install and use Stack in
v105. With no luck. There was a lot of time spent working mostly over
my head there too.

Anyway, Carl and Jordan Fox helped me get a  back.

After all this (when me & it get right), please rest assured I will
back up all my Xy system files!