Re: Question Re: Polarbar; Was Email Lines Mess

tebrake@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Polarbar sounds like a fine product, particularly because of its plain text files.
> Do you know whether or not it can use the IMAP protocol (in brief, allows
> manipulation of e-mail that resides on the mainframe, rather than downloading
> first)? At the moment, I use Pegasus Mail for one of my e-mail accounts
> because it has a good IMAP implementation, but its file formats are less than
> transparent. If Polarbar does not support IMAP, does anyone else (Jordan?)
> know if MR/2 does or if MR/2 runs on a Windows platform?

I don't know about IMAP, but according to the MR/2 website, there is at this
time a Win-32 version. The program was originally developed for the OS/2
platform. There is also supposed to be a newsgroup reader plug-in or co-program,
which I think is still at Beta level. The new MR/2 URL is:

http://www.mr2ice.com/

As Robert did not answer all my questions re Polarbar, I plan to carefully compare
the feature list for both programs. I'm sure there are also a few features of the NS
mail
client that I would miss, if not present in a replacement. One example: a designated
sound event (WAV file) can be set to play whenever new mail comes in. This is
handy for getting your attention, whatever else may be going on, particularly if you
were expecting something important.

Jordan