Re: on-screen underline, bold, italic with vDos?

Thanks, Carl.

I see the thread you reference goes back to November.   In quick testing, I do get an underscore, though the text is also blue.  But italics doesn't seem to be work and nothing is suggested for bold.  The example at sourceforge has all three - underscores, bold, italics -- and without colored text, though the black background may have something to do with that(?)

Has there been any more progress in finding correct settings?  Thanks again.

From: Carl Distefano
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: on-screen underline, bold, italic with vDos?

Quoting John Paines:
> Over at sourceforge, towards the end of this thread,
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/vdos/discussion/general/thread/db692ce6/?limit=25&page=1#9ab9
>
> a user posted a screenshot of Spanish xy3 with underscores, bold and
> italics (on screen!).
>
> Does anyone know how to do this...

John, see Edward Mendelson's post here:
https://www.freelists.org/post/xywrite/Underline-italic-etc-in-vDosXy

The instructions are geared toward Xy4 using menus, but you should be
able to adapt them to Xy3 and whatever printer file you store your
MoDe settings in.

As noted in one of my follow-up posts, Edward's instructions allowed
me to get Underlining, Bold, Italics, and Bold Underlining in Xy4, but
not Bold Italics.

--
Carl Distefano
mailto:cld@xxxxxxxx