Re: xyW3 xpl memory etc

≪ Here's the same routine, or anyway the same result.
It's much more tortured, of course--but that's Xy3!
Miserably prolix procedures, bizarre tricks, if you
actually try to do something substantial, you're out
of memory before you can finish--yuck. ≫ --Robert Holmgren

Hi, Robert. No wonder you run out of memory if
all your v3 code is as flaccid as CR210XY3.PM:

 	{sv01,[255][13][10]}{sv10,[255][10]}
	BC ci _{pv01}_{pv10}_LL LL BD LL LL LL BD XC {ex}

The macro inexplicably implies that poor v3 xpl can't
even form a CMline newline char, and takes 76 chars
to do what 37 do nicely:

	BC ci [10] [255][10]|BD CL BD XC {ex}

I suppose we've all posted pgms at one time or
another that were twice as long as they needed
to be, but I don't think anyone before ever tried
to scapegoat xyW3 for their own baroque code.

And if you burden xyW3 with a humongous .HL3 and
a hefty .PR3, don't blame v3 for your memory probs.
Rule #1 of successful "substantial" xyW3 xpl is to
put nothing in permanent memory that can go elsewhere.
Terse code and a 1680- and 7523-byte .PR3 and .HL3 may
be why the rare occasions when I see an out of memory
msg are when I've made a stupid programming error.
My 45k xyW3 xpl email manager is robust. Reduce your
.HL3 and, except while printing, .PR3 to 1k each of
file memory and see if your attempts at something
substantial in v3 aren't more fruitful. ... Ciao. 		--a