Re: Printer question

> Is the printer old enough that it came with documentation of its control
> codes, but not so old that you've lost said documentation? If so, see if
> the printer manual's code sequence for landscape printing matches the
> printer file's. If not, try modifying the printer file by substituting a
> new code for # 141 in the PC table.

The printer was given to me second hand, but without documentation. I
think it actually may be newer than Xy4Dos. I solved the problem today by

The printer is an Okidata OL800. The XyWrite install program doesn't have
that particular option, so when I installed, I tried the most likely
alternative, an OL810. That loaded the file HPLJ-3.PRN. There was
another printer file that also sounded likely, HPLJ-2.PRN, so I installed
that, too. I'd been using HPLJ-3.PRN, which is designed for the HP
Laserjet III. So today I tried HPLJ-2.PRN, which is designed for the HP
Laserjet II. It worked.

Even though I finally solved this myself, I appreciate all the suggestions
that people here offered.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                     617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                   lawyer@xxxxxxxx
 Boston, MA 02108-2503            http://world.std.com/~lawyer/