Re: faulty spell checker/dictionary?

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Why is it that SAving DICT.SPL hurts it? I just compared DICT.SPL pre- and post-SAve operations. I set Default 1A to 1 (ignore 1A), and the difference seems to be that 00 characters get inserted by the SAve. In one case, after a CA and before a 60, 13 00s were inserted. Any ideas about why? Some kind of padding?
Harry, binary is completely different from ASCII or any other kind of
text file. I mean, LOOK at dict.spl: it's not a string of words; it's
a string of--apparently--high-order characters. It's compiled machine
code or something like that. Flash, Robert, somebody who really
understands the difference, please explain this so that people know to
leave binary files severely ALONE. Meanwhile, you might look at what
Robert replied to Bry's query about PDF (another compiled format) on
Feb. 4, 2005, and subsequent discussion.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx