Re: SmartWords Spellers ["Dictionaries"]

----- Original Message -----
From: Adriano Ortile
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 1999 9:36 AM
Subject: R: SmartWords Spellers ["Dictionaries"]

> I think that this can considered true if, and only if, you need
"one"
> English language dictionary. But what if you are not English or
American?
> Even if TTG will offer foreign dictionaries (it will?), the
problem of
> hyphenation still remains unresolved. And, not to be ignored,
with
> Microlitics dictionaries you are limited to use one, and always
the same,
> dictionary. Not so happy idea.
> So I hope TTG worked to enable the use of multiples
dictionaries, and
> user-selectable (or definable) hyphenation rules.

No doubt that's all true, and I do not, in fact,
need any other dictionary. But I've used MS Word
and WordDefect, as well as Signature, and the
old MicroLytics dictionary in Xy/Dos is far superior
in terms of speed, ease of use, flexibility and
its ability to suggest the correct alternative in
a surprising number of cases.

I do have sympathy to those of you who
need alternative dictionaries; I was referring
only to my own admittedly selfish interest
here.

jim besser