Re: Two or more Xys open

Dear Harry
since I download a lot from lexis and westlaw in pure text form on a fairly regular basis and than edit in xywrite in full screen I find that a lot times when going back and forth from Lexis to westlaw or westlaw to lexis (which I always use in full screen) I end up forgetting that I have already opened xywrite and try to open a second xywrite. My experience using xp on a pc with 1 gig of ram is that the second xywrite freezes in the loading process. Since you say that "Avrom Fischer is 'unaccountably' having problems" do you have any thoughts on what I am doing wrong.
Probably going full-screen. Try it with Xy as a (maximized) window. I'd
also recommend adding another monitor, if your system has a VGA out port
(per our earlier discussion of dual monitors).
When editing text files from westlaw or lexis I never insert deltas or tabs or any formatting commands and I strip out the hard page symbol. I always start xywrite from a full screen command prompt window.
Full-screen is iffy, in my experience. I've gotten accustomed to windowed
usage. You have to customize it well, though--select the font size and
number of text lines that works best for you.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx