Re: XP & malware

Well, I'd have to say that it depends. Many a site has
tried to zap me with _some_ nasty or another, as the
warnings from Avast have shown. This is where a great
FireFox Extension called "NoScript" comes in. Unless you
deliberately override it, this -- in conjunction with a
reasonably good AV program like Avast -- can deflect nearly
all such site attempts that are up to no good.

AdBlock is another good one.

I think FireFox has also been improving its ability to reject
popups, although more work needs to be done there.

 Jordan