Re: A radical idea: a new XyWrite

Carl,

I think this is a good list. Backward compatibility is important.
Unicode support would be great. The end result should be modular in
keeping with best XyWrite practice. You load what you need, discard
superfluous elements, and configure the program to suit your work.

I would like to see an engine with loadable configurable modules for
screen/print modes (the user could program this interface with XY3+, XY4
or even HTML, XML or some other notation plus modify any of the standard
notations to suit special needs). Essentially, the user should be able
to put together custom notations of text elements. This could be used in
many ways, e.g. for printing and typesetting, and text databases and
semantic content formatting (XML). By loading several of these modules,
the user could simultaneously write to disk in different file formats,
perform instant conversions or update databases.

Admittedly, it is a tall order.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)